Monday, February 1, 2010

Patience

The tent was tested out in the basement this weekend. It consisted of me getting it all out of the box, admiring the shiny orange poles and then attempting to assemble. Given that all tents are different I think they should come with some sort of starter instructions to help you save face the first time. But alas, no such directions came with the box so after one pass of a pole through two sleeves I called in Brian to help.

What you can't see in the picture is that there are three large stabilizing poles, this is a little awkward and took some finesse. I think we got it in general and I finished by laying in the tent, testing out the size and comfort I would experience while I waited for Brian to figure it out. I think I need to look it up to see if directions do exist because there was still a slight wobble to our final configuration. Brian said that I would have plenty of time to figure it out when I got there.

I am glad we put it up because I discovered that there was no central loop on the ceiling to hang a flashlight or the mosquito net. It came with a little shelf you can hook to the ceiling so I am going to sew a loop to that. Didn't get to the mosquito net treating but maybe next weekend...

2 comments:

  1. Jen,

    I can hear Brian making that comment about having plenty of time to figure it out once you get there. Actually, I can hear Scott saying that!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say you were going to sew something? :)

    ReplyDelete