Friday, December 18, 2009

We're Closed Now

So, I have gotten a little behind on keeping up my blog and getting anything done for my trip. It's that time of year after all when for some reason the stress of everyone's holiday insanity easily rubs off on everyone else. That coupled with an unplanned trip to Maine to visit my Nana (who is doing much better) and I am not as far along with things as I would like to be. So, I was determined to have some things done by the end of the week, and then I realized it was Friday, gah! So today at lunch I tried to call the nurse at my doctor's office to get a prescription for the transfusion kit, she said no problem she'd call it in to some random place I had heard about from my CVS pharmacist. She has yet to call me back to say that it's complete.

I then called the Madagascar Embassy in D.C.. This guy answers the phone "Good afternoon, Madagascar Embassy" and when I ask for a visa application he says, "Oh, sorry we're closed now, call back Monday." I tried to ask what he meant and he said, "Okay, sorry talk to you on Monday." HA! Okay, I guess I'll try back on Monday.

The good news is that I have some new Keens that came in the mail a couple of weeks ago, I have borrowed a lightweight sleeping mat (thanks Tom!), ordered some Avon Skin So Soft in bulk (the good kind that is sunscreen and bug repellent), my dad is bringing me a headlamp and some military duffel bags when my family comes for Christmas next week and my doctor's nurse gave me the phone number for the county health department so I can figure out where to get my shots. So, I am making progress but only with the easy things. Ah, Africa here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment