Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One of Three

So, I finished booking all my flights today, I had to call the airline in Madagascar to book the internal flights from Antananarivo to Tolagnaro. I've been putting this off because I wasn't sure if they would speak English or not. They did and it worked out okay, although the one hour flight cost $583, guess it made up for the savings on my other ticket. No luck on the transfusion kit, apparently not something the U.S. medical suppliers are used to selling to non-medically trained individuals. I have e-mailed the people at Azafady to see if this is an absolute necessity, oh and I also included my question about how laundry was handled while we are there. I am now moving onto finish up my visa application (when I called the Embassy yesterday they told me to call on Wednesday due to the weather). I think I will just mail it and cross my fingers that I am sending the right things. I also talked to my doctor's nurse about the shots and she gave me a couple of dates on vaccinations I had that were still good and said she would try to get me prescriptions for the malaria prophylaxis and the antibiotics. So one major thing down and two to go. I guess I also need to work on learning to speak Malagasy...

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I don't think Malagasy is one of the languages offered through the library's database!

    ReplyDelete