Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Diversity


I was in Miami, FL this past weekend and had the opportunity to meet some great new people. Living in Kansas City the diversity of the people here can be fairly vanilla. That's not to say we don't have some great culture and a richness of diversity but it isn't everywhere you look like it is in a place like Miami. It got me thinking on my drive to Vero Beach for another work site visit, that I am really looking forward to the diversity of the people I will come across during my trip. Not only will there be the local people that we will work alongside, teach new practices to and learn about their lives but also the people around the world who, like me, are preparing for the same kind of journey. I wonder about who they are and where they will come from and how my life will change for knowing them all. I love learning about other people, their culture and what they think about the things that affect the world we all live in together. The variety of the animals, food, insects and plants will be exciting too - but I won't need any medicines, bug sprays, mosquito nets or shots to be in the company of the people I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment